STARTING IV INFUSIONS OF ACTEMRA FOR GIANT CELL ARTERITIS (GCA) TREATMENT
Before starting treatment, your healthcare provider should review the ACTEMRA Medication Guide with you. He or she should discuss how treatment will work and any possible side effects you may experience.
Here are some tips for your first IV infusion appointment:
- Arrive a little bit early to take care of any paperwork
- Bring your insurance card every time you get an IV infusion
- Wear comfortable clothing, if possible
- Your IV infusion will last about 1 hour. You may want to bring music, a book, or some games to help you pass the time
- Write down any questions you have for your healthcare provider or IV infusion specialist. Since they’ll be around to monitor you, this is a great time to get answers
If you are taking ACTEMRA as an IV infusion, the dose is based on your weight, so before every infusion, you’ll be weighed.
If your weight changes, you and your healthcare provider will decide if a change in dose is necessary.